I’ll admit it. I definitely didn’t post on Sunday because I haven’t really written much this week, but I’m going to take this time to blame it on finals. So there’s good news coming today . . . I FINISHED MY LAST MAJOR FINALS!!!! Okay, so I have health on Friday, but who counts health? Science didn’t go as well as I hoped, but math was really good. And history and Spanish were yesterday, so it’s all good :D
And tomorrow I’m getting tickets for . . . drumroll, please . . . TITLE OF SHOW!!! Me and Evan are going to the opening day extravaganza, and I’m sooo excited about it. It’s going to be a lot of fun, and I promise I’ll post video on shutupandsmile18.
I can’t think of much else to talk about . . . except for the fact that I’ve already got three questions to answer on my vlog on Thursday and I keep thinking that today is Wednesday even though it most definitely isn’t.
And I miss English class :/ A lot. A LOT a lot.
But, I’m going to iHop for dinner tonight, so I guess all isn’t that bad.
Yay for 600 views; achieved yesterday (or the day before).
There’s nothing else to say about this.
Big-ish writing post coming at you tomorrow.
[More old poetry]
The white beard that isn’t really white
It’s a charcoal gray
Wirey without fluff
The cheeks not red
Like they’re supposed to be
Actually a little green
‘Cause he doesn’t like
But he does
And ’cause of that
the jolly is gone.
[Another old poem]
I. Have. A.
flies; through the air
Around a house. And
into my room, again. This time
with a message.
Not for me.
But. For. My. Other.
[I wrote this poem last year]
You are not so strange to me
I have noticed you
I have written you down on paper.
You probably do not notice me.
I hear you
I interpret your face, your eyes, your clothes
You do not notice me.
We pass every day, stranger.
Maybe once or twice your glance has
Have you ever wondered
What I think?
What I do?
I have done this, for you.
I find you interesting, stranger
You make me think.
About your history
This is who I am
But I long to know, who are you?
Are you like me?
An observer too?
Okay, so I know I haven’t written in a while, and I’M SORRY!! I both have been really busy and havn’t had much to say. So now I have a lot to say, and I’m still very busy.
1. I don’t remember how many books I’ve read since my last book review series, but I know that I hadn’t read Paper Towns. It’s the new book by John Green, which I got an advanced readers copy of, because I’m special. I’ll be honest: I had high expectations, even though I wasn’t sure what to expect. Looking for Alaska (his first book) is probably my favorite book of all time, whereas An Abundance of Katherines (his second book) wasn’t all *that* special to me (though it did have some killer math equations). There’s been a lot of hype about this book, a lot of excitement, and lots of talk about a certain Margo Roth Speigleman (the important female). I read the book in about a day. It was interesting, but I definitely didn’t like it more than Looking for Alaska. And, for the record, I really, really, really didn’t like Margo’s character. She reminded me a lot of Alaska, but way more extreme in all the wrong ways. I feel like I can’t say more until the book comes out, so I’ll stop here. I give it four out of five stars.
2. FINALS SUCK. I just handed in my history/community service final. I only got three hours of sleep last night (I was lucky I got that), which is the least amount of sleep I’ve ever gotten . . . ever. On the other hand, I just got back my math project and I got a 101%, which made me really happy.
3. I’ve decided that I’m making a bunch of new resolutions for the rest of . . . for now. First rule: I’m going to write a page every single day. It’ll be double spaced, Tahoma size 10. Second rule: Every Sunday I will update this blog with the writing I’ve done throughout the week. Third rule: All of my 7awesomenerdfighter videos will be posted every Thursday here (although you could just subscribe at http://www.youtube.com/7awesomenerdfighter). Fourth rule: I will do a normal blog post about life and such every Tuesday. Every other week I think I’m going to find an interesting news article or some sort of cool question to talk about.
4. So today I got to do something very special: I went with my history teacher and like twenty other kids to the ABC studios (a quick walk from my school) and we got to do a test for this product. We got free cookies and brownies and soda and got to watch this news segment thing and had to rate it and write what we liked and what we didn’t like about the nine different segements, and then rank which ones were our favorite. Then we got to meet the guy who was in all of the segments and ask him questions, and then we got to the really super cool part: we got to tour ABC studios. We went into the control room and learned all about what all the different TV moniters show and what all the different buttons do. Then we got to walk past the studio where some woman was doing a crossword puzzle at the big news desk and we passed by some HD cameras that were so amazing it was ridiculous. We passed Charles Gibson, who said a quick hello before running off somewhere. It was a LOT of fun.
5. Spanish and English finals tomorrow. Have I mentioned how much I HATE FINALS!!!???
6. I have nothing more to say.
You know how I’ve always wanted to vlog? Well now I am! Well not now exactly, but I will be soon. I’m really really excited. Basically, I’m doing a collaborative channel with six other people. We each do a video each day. Supposidly it’s both the first coed collab (we’ve got two guys and five girls . . . I guess we’re a bit unbalanced, but that’s okay) and we’re the first collab to update seven days a week (as opposed to five). I don’t think any of us know each other (I’ve only ever spoken to the girl who put it all together, and even then only when she asked on the ning if anyone would be interested in doing a collab channel).
I’ll still be blogging, but you all should still check out this channel. It’s www.youtube.com/7awesomenerdfighters. It’s gonna be great (though we haven’t started quite yet).
More news up and coming.